DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION – RWANDA
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Start Date: 15 September 2017
Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week
Based in Kigali, These Numbers Have Faces Rwanda is non-profit organization investing in Africa’s brightest young people to lead and empower their communities.
We are looking forward to hire a qualified Director of Finance & Administration to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities.
The Director of Finance will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Director of Development in the These Numbers Have Faces US Office. The successful candidate will be a hands-on learner, that will lead and develop our organization’s finance, budgeting, human resources, and administrative tasks. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the capacity of a growing well-respected and high-impact organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, analyze, and present financial statements/reports in an accurate and timely manner; and provide an interpretation of financial information according to budgeted amounts.
- Monitor organization spending to predict future financial opportunities and challenges.
- Develop a management mechanism to minimizing the organization’s financial risks.
- Manage the accounting and monitoring organization finance systems.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Director of Development and Managing Director of These Numbers Have Faces Rwanda; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Work with auditors and provide relevant information as far as financial audit is concerned and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Develop good working relationships with all departments and the directory team to help make financial decisions.
- Calculate and declare PAYE, RSSB and other form of taxes and remit them to the government.
- Prepare, process and payment of all invoices and vouchers on timely manner.
- Prepare payroll and salary payments for THNF staff.
- Record all assets and maintain an updated asset register.
- Maintain petty cash and its proper use.
HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
- Further develop These Numbers Have Faces Rwanda’s human resources and administration, enhancing the collection of key HR documentations, professional development, compensation and benefits, and performance evaluation.
- Update the organization’s leadership regarding changes in the regulations that may affect organization’s operation.
- Minimum, a first degree in Financial Management with experience of at least 5 years in a related field.
- A passion for serving young leaders in Rwanda.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and/or other accounting software.
- Good communication skills.
- An analytical mind.
- Attention to details.
- Good interpersonal skills.